Monday, May 25, 2009

God is great?


I am here lying still, unable to make a jerk, move my lips or fingers and enjoying the panoramic view of the sky. Thank god if I fell upside down I wouldn’t have had this delight. The stars seem like more lustrous than ever before. I can see them more intelligibly-the great bear, the plough, the pole star. All those astronomy stuff I gobbled in class nine. What was that? Was that a dog or a big rat which is a menace to the farmer? All I can recollect is that it was a diminutive figure, brown in color, the skin was shiny as if like it had a roll on some greasy matter. Feeling of hitting on a boxing kit was registered on the legs even though motor wheel did the job. But where is the fellow who made me lay down here for the past one hour? Is he dead or unable to make a move or cry out like me?

A chilled breeze kissed me like a mom caressing her baby. The coat made from fine Australian fur was the finest companion in such cold winter. Thanks to Joe for advising me to drape in this fur coat. I would be the sole guy in this world who was gone out of town overnight one of the most important days of ones life "wedding day" ,that too for getting a tape of from my best friend Joe to play on my first night. I wanted to speak to my better half with Frank sinatra's voice in the back ground .There was perfect silence and the crickets chirping seemed like a symphony to the ears. How far am I from Edinburgh? What was the number scribed on the milestone 4 miles before? Was that seventy seven or ninety seven?

The hit was not that hard and it seems like the helmet has rolled away from my head and I fell back wards. The whole world might be sleeping now. After that a lot of cars and trucks have vroom by. They may not have seen me or my bike.

Destroying all silence some one wanted me over phone every 15 to 30 minutes. Who would be that? Martha- the girl I am supposed to walk down the aisle at benedict church tomorrow at eleven or my mom who has been all prayers for changing my mind turned out to make me tie the knot and have a family life.

Thank god I feel zilch pain. It seems like my head has been badly hit. I have heard that people who have come across accidents don’t feel much pain or am I in a comma? If that is the case I have to plead for euthanasia. But how is that possible? I can’t even open my mouth. If that is the case what about my marriage? Will Martha settle for a guy is bed ridden may be for the entire life?

Finally sunrays started kissing me, like a a ray of hope, the sole chance for me probably. Time started going on and at last I have seen that an unknown face looking at me and his face was red. He disappeared from my sight and after that several faces visited me as if like unknown people visiting my orkut account, leaving no scraps, no friend requests.

Then I saw a sea of faces looking at me. I heard some one yelling “some one call the ambulance lets take him to the medico’. So some fellows carried me and the beacon sound that lasted for some time. So I was on the way to the hospital. The two unknown faces, probably the attendants perched beside me .They were staring as life they have something ferocious, eyes were bulging out and pupils enlarged At last the sound stopped and I found my self in motion and it came to a halt in a room with a lot of medical paraphernalia. The equipment hung around the collar made me recognize the one who came for the diagnosis. He reached for my hand, checked the pulse and all those check ups he could do with bare hands .Un clogging the ears with the stethoscope in a pale voice he said “ He is no more ,he died 7 hrs back”. Yes of course I died exactly the same time I hit that brown guy whom I am unaware of.

4 comments:

  1. Its good . But I felt your narration style similar to kaaka kaaka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaakha_Kaakha).All the very best da….

    ReplyDelete
  2. has kept the tensions of character as reader's own when he reads...beginning till end there is good flow & gravity of the situation is kept constant..and could have avoided the last sentence because reader should think ,rewind and recollect ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank u aisha ,please try to comment on the setting and suggestions too.

    ReplyDelete